Monday, April 15, 2013

10+2 = 49

What a sad day - the tragedy at the Boston Marathon is truly beyond comprehension.  I think back to last week at the half marathon in St. Louis and the excitement that was in the final stretch of the run and at the finish line.  It's hard to imagine that someone would intentionally destroy the euphoria of the finish.  My thoughts and prayers are with all of those affected by this horrific event.

In a bit of lightheartedness, Damon had the night off of work and was gracious enough to prepare dinner for the family.  As the three of us sat around the dinner table, Alexa began to show off some of her counting and number skills.  She held up her two hands and counted her ten fingers, but when I did the same and asked her how many fingers I was holding up, she gave her standard, "I dunno" answer.  Then, she said, "But I do know 10+2."  What!?!  I told Damon, "If she knows this, I am going to have a heart attack."  She convincingly replied, "10 + 2 is 49."  She said it so matter-of-factly, I think both Damon and I did a double-check of our own math...  Child prodigy?  Not likely, but there's no doubt Alexa provides the much-needed comic relief in our family.  Our dinner conversations would be a lot less lively without our future mathematician.

With a mom in Finance, you can bet we'll keep working on numbers :)


1 comment:

  1. Connie, we thought about you when news came across that there was an explosion at the Boston Marathon. Mike and I said at the same time, "Do you think Connie was running the race", and I reassured myself your mom would have called. So glad you are safe but the poor souls who were affected our prayers were with them. Love, Joanne

    ReplyDelete