Thursday, April 25, 2013

Five Months....

Five very long months....

Since we haven't been to Fresno since the funeral, Damon and I have not yet ordered a headstone for Granty's grave.  While Damon was out of town, we received some information and sample designs from the funeral home, but I could not bring myself to open the envelope.  Our procrastination not only been logistical, but it's also intentional; there's a sense of finality when the headstone is complete.  This task is really sad, and it is even tougher to figure out how to create a lasting tribute to our little boy.  I know how long it takes me to design party invitations, so I can only imagine the duration (and number of drafts) of this undertaking.  One thing is for certain - our Granty's headstone will include a giraffe....

There's not a day, or even an hour for that matter, that goes by that I don't think about my Granty.  So many aspects of my life were Granty-centric, I think I'm still adjusting to life without him five months later.  The sadness has been exhausting, but Damon and I are definitely ready to start thinking of our next chapter, one of joy and preservation of Granty's legacy.

One dearly missed little guy....

1 comment:

  1. Connie, I know that you and Damon will create one of the most memorable headstone for your little guy. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Joanne

    ReplyDelete