Now that Alexa is enrolled in a Saturday morning swim class, our Sundays are now lesson-free, giving us an entire day without any commitments. Yeah! Alexa and I made the best of the high temperatures by taking a swim in the pool this afternoon, much of which was spent floating around on a raft in the pool. She also seemed to be enjoying her "My Little Pony" kickboard, although she uses it more like a boogie board than a kickboard. Oh well, she was having fun in the water, so that's all that really matters.
I was watching a show on HGTV today, and the network was running a promo that consisted on a montage of viewer-submitted photos of families and their homes. One of the pictures tat flashed across the screen was a photo of a newborn baby in a knitted stocking. Alexa, who was drawing in her sketchbook on the floor, immediately yelled, "Granty! Look, Mommy! Granty was on tv!" I felt terrible breaking the news to her that it wasn't a picture of Granty, but rather another baby. The baby really didn't look too much like Grant, but I think it is yet another demonstration of how much Alexa thinks about her baby brother. Similar to the rest of us, Granty is never far from her thoughts - he'll always be "the cutest little baby ever" in the eyes of his big sister.
I was watching a show on HGTV today, and the network was running a promo that consisted on a montage of viewer-submitted photos of families and their homes. One of the pictures tat flashed across the screen was a photo of a newborn baby in a knitted stocking. Alexa, who was drawing in her sketchbook on the floor, immediately yelled, "Granty! Look, Mommy! Granty was on tv!" I felt terrible breaking the news to her that it wasn't a picture of Granty, but rather another baby. The baby really didn't look too much like Grant, but I think it is yet another demonstration of how much Alexa thinks about her baby brother. Similar to the rest of us, Granty is never far from her thoughts - he'll always be "the cutest little baby ever" in the eyes of his big sister.
| Granty made sure his sister shared the spotlight with him, even if it meant having to push her out of the way :) |
I'm glad someone has some warm temperatures and not too much rain. I'm jealous.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Joe
Connie, Mary informed me of the heat that is enveloping Arizona and I do envy the warmth compared to the bone chilling dampness we are experiencing in St. Louis. Love this picture of the children. Joanne
ReplyDelete