Monday, April 29, 2013

Morning Routine

Monday...the return to the normal weekday routine.  There's one component of the weekday routine that always brings a smile to my face - Alexa's wake-up.

Every morning, without fail, Alexa jolts awake (trust me - there's nothing gradual about her wake-up) and immediately comes to find me, yelling "Mommy" in a panicked voice as she searches the house.  I should probably be concerned about this level of anxiety, but it always brings a smile to my face to know that I am always the first thought on her mind in the morning.  It's extremely important to her that she sees me before I leave for work, giving her a hug and kiss.  This morning I knew I had reached a new status echelon, as she didn't even asked me to pause her television show, her one show of the day, when she said good-bye to me.

I will continue to smile at this morning routine as long as it lasts; I have a feeling she won't be begging for a hug and a kiss when I'm dropping her off at middle school :)

Two girls enjoying our Dunkin' Donuts beverages - coffee and hot chocolate.



2 comments:

  1. Had my Starbucks on the way to work this AM, but I didn't have a precious little one to wake me. Love, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. she sure does love her mommy!!!

    ReplyDelete