This weekend was non-stop for Alexa and myself. I think I'm actually looking forward to the workweek and a chance to catch my breath.
As planned, Alexa and I headed out to the Phoenix Zoo this morning for our well-planned visit. The Phoenix Zoo is fairly well-spread, but Alexa, who has never been one for strollers nor wagons, is quite the trooper when it comes to trekking through the zoo. Despite temperatures in the high 80's, Alexa and I were able to make it to every exhibit in the zoo - a pretty impressive feat. Although I do think she's more interested in the carousel than any of the live animals, as she convinced me to let her ride the merry-go-round two times today. Alexa also fulfilled her desire to ride a camel. She was a bit hesitant at first, letting another girl go head of us in line, but she proudly rode the camel around the entire course. Not a bad day at the zoo!
I think our amazing experiences at the Phoenix Zoo and the St. Louis Zoo have spoiled Alexa. The Phoenix Zoo offers giraffe feeding daily, so I asked Alexa if she wanted to feed them. Her response? "Will we be going to their house again?" I explained that we would be feeding them with other people on the observation deck. "There will be other people there too? No thank you, Mommy." Oy....zoo diva. :)
.JPG) |
| Alexa's trip to the Sahara Desert....sort of. |
.JPG) |
| Happily aboard the camel. |
.JPG) |
| No visit to the zoo is complete without a visit of the giraffes.... |
Connie, I think my weekends are busy until I read your blog. How I envy your time with Alexa, there is no greater joy then experiencing their ups and downs in life. Alexa, I am so proud of you that you rode a Camel, much braver than I. Hope your week goes well, much love to all, Joanne
ReplyDelete