His primary pediatrician and nurse are truly wonderful, not just in the work they do, but also the personal attention that they showed to us. Dr. Z and Nurse Nichole came to Phoenix Children's after work on the Monday Grant was in PICU just to visit the little boy they grew to love so much for one final time. Amazing.
I also cannot say enough good things about Phoenix Children's Hospital and the people who work there; we are so lucky to live in a metropolitan area with a world-class facility like this. Damon and I have a new found respect for what these pediatric doctors, nurses and hospital support staff do. We never once doubted that the neurosurgeons, oncologists and critical care personnel treating Grant were doing what was best for him. It was a 'no-brainer' to request donations in Grant's name to PCH - - anything we can do to give back to a place that gave so much to us.
Speaking of giving back, I've found a resort in Scottsdale that hosts a Winter Wonderland, with portions of the proceeds benefiting PCH. Alexa has been begging to go ice skating since I was pregnant with Granty, so I will be taking her there one night for some ice skating, a train ride and viewing of the Christmas lights (no sitting on Santa's lap for this kiddo...she's petrified of him like I was). I'll definitely post pictures of what I expect to be a very fun night - - - unless we see Santa. Then I might be posting pictures of a 3.5 year old screaming in horror. lol
| 'Waving' to his fans. :) |
Do you think that just maybe, one day..
ReplyDelete..it could be the researchers at PCH who discover the cure?
...it could be the sum total of the individuals who make a donation to PCH; who provided the subsidizing for the researchers at PCH to discover the cure?
....it could be YOU who inspired the donation to made in the first place and
All because we were all so blessed to have seen or held Grant and were inspired by the title of this blog written by his mommy.
Love you cuz!
What a loving tribute to the hardworking men and women at Phoenix Childrens. Your kind words brought back so many memories...before Tommy and Matt were born, I worked 8 years in Radiation Oncology and returned to the hospital many times on Saturdays and Sundays to say a sad goodbye to my beloved patients and their families. They had so graciously and openly allowed me to join them in the ”good” fight and I was honored and humbled that I was allowed to be with them at the end. When we go back to Seattle to visit family, I still reconnect with families of patients...after 27 years. I carry each and every patient in my heart daily. They all had a lovely part of making me who I am today. Your sweet little boy will live on in the hearts of all the tireless doctors and nurses who had the honor of being with you, fighting the ”good” fight. Gwen
ReplyDeleteConnie,
ReplyDeleteTake it for what you want, but we nurses LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE to have gift baskets filled with goodies from patients or family. In your holiday baking, maybe a batch or 2 of cookies could make it up to the PICU for the staff. It might be tough for you, Damon, and Alexa to go visit them this soon after Grant's passing; but I guarantee that the staff will enjoy seeing your faces.
Love, Joe P.
Connie - you continue to amaze me with your strength. Grant is definately guiding you to be strong.......there are angels and he is one of them and I am certain of it.....May God continue to bless you!!
ReplyDeletei definitely fell in love with granty when i first took care of him around the time of his diagnosis! he will forever remain in my heart! love your little boy like he's my own, that is for sure!
ReplyDelete-Mandy!