Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Joyful Reunion

Damon had the night off, so the three of us decided to have dinner together - and eat out at a restaurant, Alexa's favorite thing to do.  Alexa wanted hamburgers, so I met Damon and Alexa at Culver's on my way home from work.  Alexa was so excited to see me waiting by the counter and came running to me, bursting with excitement - it was like I hadn't seen her in days (not hours).  I'd better cherish these moments because I don't think she'll be that excited to see her mom when she's a teenager (if not sooner).  It was fun to enjoy a nice family meal together, although Alexa could barely contain herself through dinner, as she was scoping out the dessert menu and planning for her after-dinner treat.  Damon and Alexa each walked out with a scoop of custard....like father, like daughter.

Alexa decided she wanted to ride with me for the drive home, and we passed by Scottsdale Healthcare on the way.  I thought for sure she'd mention us dropping off Damon at the ER, but instead she yelled her usual "Mommy!  That's your hospital!" as we drove past the campus.  I'm glad she still has the positive association of that being the place where "Granty came out of Mommy's tummy."  It's hard to believe their first meeting was over six months ago - - I will never forget how excited she was to visit me and meet Granty on that Sunday afternoon after he was born.  He might not have been the instant playmate she expected, but, wow, she loved that little boy.  The enthusiasm is evident in the pictures.....

An instant protector of her little brother.
Checking out the baby she'd been patiently waiting for....
My little variety pack :)

3 comments:

  1. "A Pajama Party at school, sugar cookies, and dinner at Alexas favorite resturant....no wonder shes filled with joy and laughter!" Her giggles and smiles are the best and somehow seem to help you both get through these difficult days. Our angel Granty is smiling too. You have so many wonderful pictures of treasured memories. Thank you for sharing.....Always thinking of the three of you. Love, Auntie Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connie, how precious is that little one? I am so glad she is such a happy child. Love Always, Joanne

    ReplyDelete