Tonight I attended a cousins' party on my mom's side of the family, and it was a great opportunity to see some of the extended family and have longer, more personal conversations that cannot normally be had in the huge group settings. All of my cousins have been extremely supportive to Damon and myself, and Joe and Emily gave me a poem on my way out that provides a nice perspective on the holiday. I'm not sure of the author, but I don't want to take undue credit nor plagiarize..... :)
My First Christmas in Heaven
I see the countless Christmas trees around the world below. With tiny lights, like Heaven's starts, reflecting on the snow.
The sight is so spectacular, please wipe away the tear. For I am spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.
I hear the many Christmas songs that people hold so dear. But the sounds of music can't compare with the Christmas choir up here.
I have no words to tell you, the joy their voices bring. For it is beyond description to hear the angels sing.
I know how much you miss me, I see pain inside your heart. But I am not so far away, we really aren't apart.
So be happy for me, dear ones, you know I hold you dear. And be glad I'm spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.
I sent you each a special gift from my heavenly home above. I sent you each a memory of my undying love.
After all, love is a gift more precious than pure gold. It was always most important in the stories Jesus told.
Please love and keep each other, as my Father said to do. For I can't count the blessing or love He has for each of you.
So have a Merry Christmas and wipe away that tear. Remember I am spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.
![]() |
| Papa Hovey paid a visit and sent this picture today.... |

So beautiful.
ReplyDeleteI'd like to think the big beautiful moon that caught all our attention tonight was little Grant sprinkling stardust down on all of us.
He's better off than all of us here. Everyone is there with him. Everything is wonderful.
ReplyDeleteAnonymous
So good to see you tonight, Connie. Glad you enjoyed the poem; it helped bring comfort to our family during Christmas this year without my mom's dad around. We love you!
ReplyDeleteSteph, Tony and Luca
Connie & Damon, What a beautiful poem. Needless to say, tears flowed like a river. My heart still aches for you but I know you both are so strong. Thank Papa Hovey for the Xmas decorations for Granty's grave. Love to all of you, Joanne & Mike
ReplyDeleteDamon & Connie,
ReplyDeleteThis is such a beautiful poem for Granty. Tears are streaming down my face while I read it. I have no doubt Grant spent a beautiful Christmas in Heaven. He is our family's very special angel.
Love,
Gia