Friday, December 14, 2012

Christmas Cookies - - Sort of

After a busy week, I had decided Alexa and I would take it easy at home tonight.  Yesterday I had bought some Christmas M&M Baking Bits, so I thought it would be fun for Alexa and I to bake sugar cookies - - from scratch, no less.  I had even picked up some new Christmas cookie cutters for the festive night of baking.  However, I quickly realized that it must not be my baking that has won over Alexa's heart.  When I grabbed the mixer from the cabinet, Alexa told me that it was Daddy's mixer (he uses it to make waffle batter), and she asked me if he knew I was using it.  Point taken - - I need to cook and bake more.  To add to Alexa's lack of confidence in my kitchen skills, I had no idea that sugar cookie batter had to chill for a couple hours before they could be baked.  Oops - looks like the cookie baking will span into tomorrow.....

I am happy to report that Alexa did like the macaroni & cheese that I made for dinner (Annie's boxed variety).  At least I didn't strike out completely in the kitchen tonight!

An eager helper (and kitchen gadget watch-dog).


1 comment:

  1. Connie, I had to laugh about the cookie baking as I am well into the baking of cookies. I finished Grandma Wiese's Sugar Cookie recipe this afternoon and Laura couldn't believe how many the recipe makes approximately 150. I will ice them tomorrow but I do like to make them every Xmas as they remind me of grannie. Alexa is a doll and we can hardly wait to see all of you at Xmas. Much loves and kisses. Love Joanne

    ReplyDelete