Monday, December 31, 2012

Thank You, Granty!

Based upon everything that has happened in the past three months, it would be very easy to make a blanket statement and say 2012 was one of the worst years of my life.  However, when I think about everything that occurred over the past twelve months, this statement does not seem as applicable.  From the ultrasound in January that revealed I was carrying a boy, to Alexa's 3rd birthday in March, to our first annual family vacation in August...it was a pretty phenomenal year.  Grant's birth on June 3rd was the highlight of my year, and the months after that provided me with a sense completeness like I had never felt before.  I loved watching Alexa grow up into a little girl and embrace the big sister (and Mommy's little helper) role.  I have never been more happy or content.

The last three months of the year definitely constituted the most trying time of my life, but it was through these trials that I have learned the most valuable lessons about life and myself.  My heart aches for the loss of my Granty, but I wouldn't trade the 175 days I had with him for anything in the world - despite everything, these were the best days of my life.  Through Grant's example, I learned what really matters in life and developed an appreciation for what it means to live one's life to the fullest.  I have a new hero, role model and inspiration. 


Thank you for a great year, my beloved Granty-boy.

5 comments:

  1. I must admit that this has been a year of ups and downs but I do have to agree that Grant has put a whole new perspective on my life as well. He has made Mike and I realize, unfortunately life is short and we must embrace every day that we have been given. Even though we never had the opportunity to meet you physically in our hearts you will live forever. Love and Hugs, Mike and Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we all do, Connie. Happy New Year!
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the best picture. Grant looks so in love with his mama!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grant has done so much for all of us...such an amazing little boy. Glad you are finding some happiness in the memories. The best thing about memories is that they never get taken away from us. Love the picture of you and your boy...so precious. Happy New Year to the Hov's!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Grant has left a lasting impression on all of us. He is an inspiration to all of us. He easily redefined what courage and perseverance mean. I hope you, Damon, and Alexa have a great 2013.

    ReplyDelete