Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!

I am normally not one for making New Year's resolutions, but I have decided to make a resolution - not just for 2013, but rather for the rest of my life - that I will do at least one thing each month to honor my Granty's legacy.  Whether it be volunteering, making a donation, visiting the hospital, etc... I want to make sure I make a concerted effort to celebrate his life and to perpetuate the lessons he taught me.  This should be a pretty easy resolution to keep.... :)

The opportunity for January has already presented itself to me, thanks to my sister Terri.  Her former running club in Denver hosts a charity run each year, and this year the club has decided to donate all proceeds (+ additional company-match donations) to Phoenix Children's Hospital in Grant's name.  How cool is that!  I haven't been running as much as I normally do (a few other things were a bit more important...), but I can definitely run a 5k in honor of my little boy.  I will make sure to post the details of the run as soon as I have them, but I plan to make the trip to Denver for the run and also to thank Terri's friends for this incredible tribute.  Now my challenge will be to find some giraffe-themed running apparel.....

I wish everyone a happy and healthy 2013!  Remember to make the most of every opportunity and moment; life is way too short to sweat the small stuff.

I'll be doing my best to live up to the legacy of the real Superman.
(And I'll try to run faster than a speeding bullet...lol)

3 comments:

  1. Connie, I will be watching and waiting for the info for the race so that a donation can be forwarded. What an impression your little superman has made on so many people. Love Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connie, I will be watching and waiting for the information on where to send a donation for the run. What a tribute to your little SUPERMAN. Love, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Google "Giraffe running apparel" and then go to the zazzle site. There are 91 pages of giraffe apparel. I'm sure you could find something that you like.

    Love, Joe P.

    ReplyDelete