Today marks what would have been Granty's seven-month birthday; I wish more than anything that he were here to celebrate with us. Damon and I were talking (and crying, of course) last night about what milestones and behaviors Granty would be doing right now....sitting, eating solid foods, teething, crawling. Oh, what we wouldn't give to see him do all of those things! During Alexa's infancy, the ages of seven to ten-months were my absolute favorite - - there's a playfulness and enthusiasm at this age without the full mobility nor desire for independence (in other words, a mother's dream). I vividly remember taking Alexa to the playground and pushing her in the swings for the first time when she was just seven months old. She was laughing and hamming it up for the camera. I can only imagine how vivacious Granty's personality would be right now; I have a feeling he would be giving his show-off sister a run for her money.
I still find it hard to fathom that Granty won't be celebrating any more birthdays - I never in a million years expected he would not make it to his six-month birthday. No pictures of smashed cake on his face...no gathering around him while he blows out the candles on his cake...not spending countless hours planning the perfect party (my favorite part)... It doesn't seem right or fair, but we have to have faith and know that things do happen for a reason - no matter how wrong it seems. These milestone days just make his absence harder to bear - - Granty is so loved and so sorely missed. :(
 |
Granty on his five-month birthday....
how I miss that effervescent smile. |
He's so beautiful. I wish you could be holding your precious baby today. I'm terribly sorry for your great loss.
ReplyDeleteMaria, Fresno
Connie, I awoke yesterday and immediately thought of Granty. How you and Damon must ache for your little guy. I can't imagine what you are experiencing but just know my prayers are with all of you. We cannot experience his birthdays with him or his milestones but just seeing his pictures on the blog make my day. Happy 7th month GRANTY. Love Joanne
ReplyDeleteHappy 7th month Birthday, Granty. I know you must have had quite a birthday celebration in heaven. But I'm so sorry and wish that you could be here with your Mommy, Daddy and Alexa to have your party.
ReplyDeleteJen S
It's hard to understand. We miss Granty, too, and know his beautiful memory and lessons will carry you through life. He's with all of us. Keep sharing. Love, Ani
ReplyDeleteMy heart aches for you both. Just know we are thinking of you constantly and you are not alone.
ReplyDelete