We woke up to pouring rain this morning, so it looked like today was going to be a dreary day - not exactly what we needed after the tough anniversary yesterday. I took Alexa to gymnastics, and afterwards we stopped at Target (big shocker) to pick up a few things. Alexa probably enjoys shopping even more than I do, and she convinced me to take her over to the shoe department. The last time she convinced me to go to the shoe department, she ended up with a pair of cheetah ballet flats, so I had no idea what to expect today. As she oohed and ahhed over the sparkly shoes, her eyes landed squarely on a pair of Hello Kitty rainboots. I knew I wouldn't win that battle, but at least they were on clearance (only $6!).
This was the best purchase I've made in a long time - her excitement over these rainboots was contagious. As soon as I had paid for the boots, she asked me if she could wear them out of the store, and, given the downpour outside, I gladly complied. She leaped, bounded and jumped into every puddle she could find on the way to the car. When we were pulling out of the parking lot, she thanked me (completely unsolicited) for buying her the boots - it was such a sweet moment.
Over the course of the day, Alexa and I spent time outside together jumping in the puddles and playing in the rain. She was much tougher than I was, as I did have to come inside more often because I was cold, but we had a blast. It was the 'pick me up' I needed - playing outside in the rain and acting silly with my little girl. She made this dreary day a great one!
This was the best purchase I've made in a long time - her excitement over these rainboots was contagious. As soon as I had paid for the boots, she asked me if she could wear them out of the store, and, given the downpour outside, I gladly complied. She leaped, bounded and jumped into every puddle she could find on the way to the car. When we were pulling out of the parking lot, she thanked me (completely unsolicited) for buying her the boots - it was such a sweet moment.
Over the course of the day, Alexa and I spent time outside together jumping in the puddles and playing in the rain. She was much tougher than I was, as I did have to come inside more often because I was cold, but we had a blast. It was the 'pick me up' I needed - playing outside in the rain and acting silly with my little girl. She made this dreary day a great one!
| So ladylike to lift her skirt (despite it already being soaked from the pouring rain). |
| One happy girl in our flooded front yard :) |
Connie, how adorable, to be able to jump in puddles while here in the Midwest we are just hoping for a puddle. Today may be the day. I saw the boots you are talking about at our Target as Steph, Maddie and MaKenna and I went and purchased glitzy ballet slippers for Maddie and as Kenna said "beautiful shiny pink patent Mary Janes exactly what I needed". I am a sucker for children. Thinking of you so much this past week. Love Joanne
ReplyDeleteConnie, after seeing the pictures of your little lady in the puddles(which is absolutely adorable) I couldn't help myself and must share this link. http://www.superty.org/2012/12/update-and-bunch-of-asks.html?m=1
ReplyDelete