As we left swimming yesterday with her mylar pink and purple balloons, Alexa loosened the pink one from her wrist, and up into the air it went. I held my breath, expecting a complete meltdown in the swim school parking lot, but quite the opposite happened. She said, "My balloon's up in heaven now so Granty can play with it." Wow - - instead it was my tears, not hers, in the parking lot.
Tonight Jenny (BFF Gabriella's mom) texted me because Gabriella was talking to her and said, "I miss Granty. He's in heaven, and I can't see him any more." As soon as I read that, I knew Alexa must have said that to Gabriella today because the statement was verbatim what Alexa's told me numerous times. As sorry as I was that poor Gabriella has also been exposed to a concept well-beyond her years, it brought a smile to my face to know that Alexa has such a wonderful friendship in her life. I can picture Alexa talking about her feelings with her BFF, and sweet Gabriella comforting her in a way only a three-year-old can. These girls really are like sisters. I hope the rest of their conversations today had a little more levity in their context....
| The BFF's with matching giraffe ice cream bowls. (leftover party supplies - - they both wanted Elmo with the giraffe :) |
Wow, the wonder of children..Connie, you and Damon can be proud of your three year old, what understanding she has and naturally she has you and Daddy to thank for it. Love, Joanne
ReplyDeletesometimes it takes the acts of our children to remind us adults of the most simple and pure ways to love. they only know how to love with their whole hearts and they don't know how to hold back (especially little ones like alexa and madi girl). love alexa for this story and love you guys for sharing it with us.
ReplyDeleteahhh....these girls sure so have a special friendship!!! Gabriella is very blessed have found a true friend in Alexa
ReplyDeleteAlexa is a awesome big sis!!