Alexa and her BFF Gabriella had not seen each other in nearly three-weeks, so tonight Alexa and I had a much-needed Girls' Night with Gabriella and her mom Jenny, as we headed out to an early dinner followed by "Christmas at the Princess", a winter festival at one of the five-star resorts in Scottsdale. I had discovered the event through the Phoenix Children's Hospital (some proceeds benefit the hospital), and it had everything Alexa's been begging to do - - Christmas lights galore, a train ride around the grounds to see the lights, and, most importantly, an ice skating rink.
Ever since I was pregnant with Granty, Alexa has been asking me to take her ice skating, so tonight was a much anticipated first-time skating session. She's been practicing her glides, twirls and jumps for over a week, so I was very curious to see how well she would cope with the reality of ice skating. Surprisingly, Alexa did a great job skating and caught on very quickly - - she was scooting (we're still working on the fluid, gliding motion) around the rink without any assistance or hanging onto the wall. I was pretty impressed! She even managed to practice some of the twirls and one-legged moves by hanging onto the wall. Something tells me it won't be too long before she's asking to go skating again.
The train ride didn't disappoint either, although Alexa was quick to point out that we were not riding on tracks - - the train was essentially a golf cart. This is Arizona, afterall. Christmas music was playing through the train's speakers, and it was so cute to hear the girls belt out the words to "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" as we rode by the light displays. Jenny and I had a great time catching up on our holidays and watching the two girls play - they truly are like sisters. It was really the perfect night of fun and friendship to cap off a pretty difficult week. I hope this will become an annual tradition for our families. :)
 |
| All aboard the train! |
 |
| The two skating buddies - ready to skate for the first time. |
 |
| Getting the hang of balancing on the ice. |
 |
| She's a natural... :) |
"When we long for life without difficulties, remind us that oaks grow strong in contrary winds and diamonds are made under pressure." author, unknown.
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year to our Arizona cousins!
....and happy Armenian Christmas.
ReplyDeleteConnie, how great of an evening! Sasha Cohen look out for Alexa! I was so happy that the four of you had a great evening. You deserve every moment of happiness. Love Joanne
ReplyDeleteConnie, so happy to see that you all had a wonderful evening. Sasha Cohen look out for Alexa Hovannisian! Lots of love, Joanne
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeletePerfect night full of laughter..Happy Han! LOL
Delete