Alexa and I headed over to Arizona State University this afternoon to attend a women's gymnastics meet between ASU and Oklahoma (#4 team in nation). It was a great couple of hours spent with my little girl watching gymnastics - a good girls' day out. The meet had a fun "college-feel" to it, complete with be-dazzled leotards, the band, cheerleaders and school mascot, who Alexa was watching like a hawk to make sure he didn't approach her (she's petrified of costumed characters - - he waved at her, and she burrowed her head into me). Aside from the costumed Sun Devil, Alexa enjoyed every aspect of it; she told me the uneven bars were her favorite event. Although I think Alexa's favorite part of the day happened at the end of the meet when they played "The Chicken Dance" over the PA; she busted into dance immediately (and attracted a lot of smiles from people sitting near us).
Alexa must have caught the eye of the camera man because she was a frequent face on the arena's Jumbotron; she absolutely loved seeing herself on the big screen. She is quite the performer - grinning from ear-to-ear, dancing and engaging in the crowd activites whenever she was on camera. Don't let the blonde hair fool you...this girl is Damon's daughter. lol
Even the distraction of a gymnastics meet didn't keep Grant too far from our minds. Mid-meet, Alexa leaned over to me and said, "I miss Granty, Mommy, and I want you to get another baby in your tummy." :)
| Our little gymnast (and performer). |
| Quite the poser too....Damon and I are in trouble. :) |
Sounds like a lot of fun!
ReplyDeleteI can see why she is on the Jumbotron, what a personality! Madison and McKenna are into gymnastics and they always look forward to their practices. Maybe someday Alexa, Maddie and Kenna will all be on one team. Go Girls!!! Love Joanne
ReplyDeleteSo fun!!! I'm glad she enjoyed it!!!
ReplyDeleteNow, todays pictures have made me laugh as I am remembering Damon at this age and yes he was quite the showman! Smiling and dancing are definately traits that Damon had, and are in Alexas genes. Because I'm behind on my reading, I just read about Armenian Christmas and it reminded me about the 2 blonde Groefsema girls and dark haired Bret making the 2 hr drive from Bakersfield, just to attend the closest Armenian church. Armenian Christmas is one on the longest church services, and you have now learned about Armenian time.... It's wonderful that you have a church close by as we didn't have one in Bako....just to learn about and preserve our heritage. And then of coarse, there will be Armenian church camp. I can only imagine cousins Luke and Austin bragging about their 2 hot blonde cousins. Maybe Alexa and Madison will room together!!! So happy that you had an uplifting, fun day. You are always in my thoughts and prayers. Love, Auntie Gail
ReplyDeleteshe is hilarious...and so much like her daddy.
ReplyDelete