Granty's life became a turning point in my own life - aside from the philanthropic activities, I consciously make decisions with the intent of making sure Grant would be proud of me. There is no doubt that I'm a better person because of Grant. I truly hope I'm providing Alexa with a life and example that she will someday want to emulate, carrying on the powerful lessons of her beloved baby brother for generations to come.
I don't think life post-Granty will ever be easy, but I do know that it will be a life filled with powerful memories and meaningful remembrances of a boy who meant so much to so many people. I'm excited about the events planned for the months ahead (the 10k in March and half-marathon in April, a black-tie fundraiser for Phoenix Children's Hospital, a virtual birthday party for Grant) and the wonderful causes that will benefit from them. Quite the legacy for a five-month-old boy....
![]() |
| My Granty...one of the loves of my life. |

Simply the most beautiful picture I've seen in my life. Such love.
ReplyDeleteAs lucky as you were to have Grant in your lives, he was SO lucky to have you & Damon as parents. Although he was only a baby, I have no doubt he felt all of the love that surrounded him. He was such a special boy, a sweet soul & a perfect angel! We have all become better people because of Granty & the legacy he left behind. Thinking of you on this 2 month mark...thinking of you everyday.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Gia
Damon & Connie, Yes he was just a little guy but the strength he has given all of us can never be denied. What great parents you and Damon are and the impression he has left on Alexa is mind-boggling. What beautiful memories!. Love and hugs, Michael and Joanne
ReplyDeleteBeautiful picture, Connie.
ReplyDelete