Monday, December 3, 2012

Happy 6-month Birthday!

Today is Granty's six-month birthday....I clearly remember writing the entry for his five-month birthday and honestly cannot believe what transpired in the past month.  It was a pretty tough day for all of us - not only being Grant's b-day but also the first day it has been just the three of us.  I tried to distract myself with a little Christmas shopping for Alexa (50% off Crayola at Michael's today), but I could not believe how many giraffe items I spotted.  I never knew that a gold giraffe print ribbon was a holiday item at the craft store.  As tough as it is to see, I do get a little smile on my face when I see the giraffe items and think of my precious baby boy.  I know he's watching out for me :)

For the luncheon in the church hall, we had printed 23 8x10 pictures of Grant from various phases in his life.  I did purchase some new frames today, and I'm starting to place these photos around the house.    I'm glad we have enough shelf and wall space to display these photos, as it will be nice to have a reminder of Grant's vivacious personality, smile and gorgeous eyes in every room of the house.  Definitely no second child syndrome (lack of individual photos) for this kiddo!

Love at first sight.



4 comments:

  1. 6 months since your birth, Granty. Please take extra special care of Mom, Dad, and Alexa. I know you are doing that already from heaven, since you are such a great guardian angel.
    xoxoxo
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though we never met you I know you were an angel from the very beginning, look at the smile on your mommy's face. Connie, you give me the strength to get through difficult situations, your strength inspires me. Love, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damon, Connie, Alexa and Grant,
    You are our very special family. Thank you for the daily glimpse of the love, laughter and tears that enveloped our daily lives. Thank you for teaching family and friends about courage in the face of the most difficult heartbreak imaginable.
    Grant touched our hearts and he continues to make a difference in all our lives. His memory will be honored in Visalia.
    "Good night sweet prince and flights of angels sing thee to thy rest."
    Hamlet

    We love you,
    John, Karen, Sarah, Megan and Alex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you every day. Gwen

    ReplyDelete