Thursday, December 13, 2012

Back to 'Normal'

This week I returned to work after a three-week hiatus; it has been a nice return to a sense of normalcy and provides a productive distraction for myself.  Granty is still in the forefront of my mind and I have constant reminders of my little guy - - his birth announcement is in a frame on my desk, and his pictures are the wallpaper on my computer and Blackberry.  Even giraffes have a presence in my office, as the Brownie troop of a co-worker's daughter created a giraffe poster that the girls colored with bright, cheerful colors.  The giraffe poster on my whiteboard is a much more welcome sight than my dry-erase 'to-do' lists.  It's a great feeling to know the outpouring of support continues in the workplace too...both Damon and I are extremely lucky these extended support networks.

The 'new normal' routine is like a backwards time-warp, in having to deal with only one kiddo.  It's a very odd feeling to simply head to the Montessori school after work to pick up Alexa without having to go straight home to see my little boy.  Alexa and I have been staying busy with gymnastics, ZooLights, a quick pop-in to drop of a gift that turned into dinner, etc...  Tonight we discovered our friends' neighborhood is much more festive and decorated than our own, so it looks like Alexa and I will be cruising Scottsdale to view Christmas lights and decorations (the inflatables are definitely her favorite) tomorrow night. :)

The background of my computer - - one of my favorite pics of Granty.

2 comments:

  1. If you want to see lights,you guys should come to Wauwatosa around Christmas. Lights galore! I'm sure Uncle Larry would love for Alexa to see the light up Santa on our front porch!

    And yes, I cringe when I say that.

    ReplyDelete