Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Pajama Party!

I think Alexa's school has unlocked the secret to happiness for 3-5 year-olds: send them to school in their pajamas.  Today Alexa's classroom had a holiday pajama party, complete with sugar cookie decorating and a book exchange, and I have never seen Alexa more excited to go to school.  We set out her pajamas last night (Carter's 'I Love Santa' pajamas, complete with a little red tutu), and she excitedly helped me wrap the copy of "Purplicious" we had purchased for the exchange.  Damon had no trouble getting her up and moving this morning....

I was curious to see how she like the sugar cookies, since the ones I made with her were a pretty big flop, but I didn't have to worry about a taste-test today.  I guess all of the kids were eating so much icing during the decorating process that the teacher (wisely) cut them off before they could devour the cookies.  We have a big, messy bag of icing and cookies that I'm sure Alexa will be begging to eat for breakfast.

Another benefit of the excitement at school today - Alexa was so tired that she fell asleep immediately after her bath around 7:30 tonight.  I took full advantage of the mini-vacation and knocked out a six mile run on the treadmill.

Thanks for all of the well-wishes for Damon...he's doing well and is pretty much back to normal.  Whew!
My favorite kind of pajama party - my two kiddos :)

A 'Summer in AZ' pajama party - not nearly as well-attired.

1 comment:

  1. They say that passing a kidney stone is like labor. So make sure you tell Damon "Now you know how I felt twice." Also some patients are so twisted that they name their kidney stones after they pass them. Has he picked out a name yet? Looking forward to seeing you guys when you come to STL.

    Love, Joe P.

    ReplyDelete