I was talking to my sister Julie tonight and laughing about my new "project" of getting involved and preserving Grant's legacy at PCH. Growing up, I absolutely hated selling Girl Scout cookies and wasn't the most diligent kid about bringing the UNICEF box on Halloween. However, because of our experiences at PCH, it's very easy to become passionate about a cause that became so personal to us. I knew something had definitely changed in both of us when even Damon was very disappointed to miss the Ignite Hope Walk on Saturday. My how this little boy affected both of us, not to mention hundreds of others, in a very positive way!
| One of Damon's favorite pictures. |
I have received a few questions about donations since the obituaries in the newspapers did not contain the full detail (we quickly found out that obituaries are quite the revenue-generator). As long as the donation is tagged with Grant's name, it will automatically go to Neuro-Oncology and Critical Care (PICU):
By Mail:
Phoenix Children's Hospital Foundation
2929 East Camelback Road, Ste 122
Phoenix, AZ 85016
Online:
Support - Center for Cancer & Blood Disorders, Note - Neuro-Oncology
In Memory of Grant Hovannisian
Phone:
(602) 546-GIVE (4483)
Connie, what a tribute for Grant. You have done so much in the short time he has left but like you said his legacy will live on. Mike and I have put the e-mail, address and phone number in our files and of course, this will be the #1 Donation site for us. Love and hugs, Mike and Joanne
ReplyDelete