I was working in the other room and listening to my mom (NeNe) try to continue the promotion of phonics to Alexa. As my mom was showing Alexa the nametags on the gifts, they discovered that all of the grandchildren had an "A" in their name. After going through each child's name in descending age order, my mom was explaining the placement of the "A" in Grant's name. Alexa excitedly said, "My Granty!?!" I love that she continues to cherish her brother and big sister role; nothing makes me happier.
Today's 'weepy moment of the day' came when my parents were opening the photo calendar of all of their grandchildren. This was the second year we had given them a grandchildren calendar, and I had designed it, so I was very familiar with the layouts, photos, etc... and had already seen it plenty of times. However, as my mom flipped to June (Grant's birth month), I started to cry, as the reality that Granty will never have a first birthday hit home. I did feel a little better when I saw Damon and my sisters (in-law too) were tearing up as well - - it's always better to cry with people versus the soda aisle of Fry's :) This boy evokes the tears and emotion from everyone. To think I used to be the unemotional one - - so much so that my sister Julie even said it in a legal deposition (lol). Yes, my little boy has changed me....
| The kids' table tonight.... |
Don't ever stop the tears! Your heart never stops loving someone that has passed.
ReplyDeleteIt shows how much your little one is still loved even though he is not with you, his spirit lives on!!
So an example of you being used in a legal disposition....I bet that's a funny story. Can't wait to have you over tonight for the Extravaganza!
ReplyDeleteLove, Joe P.
You continue to amaze me...or should I say, everyone...with your grace. Gwen
ReplyDeleteMy Dear Connie, I think the Hovannisian-Zarounian genes have rubbed off on you. It's good to cry...In fact, I cried at the gym today while working out. (Seems strange doesn't it?) They are tears of love for all of those we miss so much. Each day will get better, but for some reason the tears that come from our sad hearts then help us realize we will never forget those we love and miss. I'm happy you can see and hear the laughter from Alexa and your nieces and nephews during this holiday. "Alexa medicine" will continue to get you both through 2013. When Bret was home cleaning his room, we found a bag full of plastic zoo animals. I now have the small giraff on my desk!!!! Hang in there.....Thinking of you everyday...Love, Auntie Gail
ReplyDelete