Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Igniting Hope

Congratulations to Damon's sister Gia and her husband Andrew, as they welcomed another little boy into their family today - Austin George Kazarian.  Damon and I are very excited to have another nephew, and I know Alexa was happy to hear that the baby is out of Auntie Gia's tummy.  We're looking forward to our next trip to Fresno to meet the little guy!  He will bring a lot of hope and joy to the Hovannisian family.

I happened to be trolling through the Phoenix Children's website, and I discovered that an inaugural "Ignite Hope" walk will be held on Saturday night.  Despite the short notice, I decided that Alexa and I will embark on the 3.4 mile walk (or 1.7 miles if we shuttle it back) together to benefit PCH.  Alexa's a pretty good athlete for 3.5 years old, so I have all the confidence in the world that she'll be able to make it (or that I can carry her on my shoulders if she tires out).  I think she'll love picking out a new toy to donate and will really like carrying the flashlight.  Damon was disappointed because he's working that night, but we are already plotting the fundraising efforts we will do for the walk next year in honor of team "Granty's Giraffes."  SO...consider yourself forewarned if Damon or myself are asking for donations or participants to walk with us next year. lol :)

My walking buddy Alexa - - and her new friend.
(courtesy of the Mehew family!)
FINALLY - - a real Christmas decoration!


No comments:

Post a Comment