Friday, December 21, 2012

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Alexa's Montessori School held it's Primary Class Winter Program today, so Damon and I were excited to go to the school to see Alexa perform with her class.  I finally let her wear a pink, glittery dress she's been begging to wear - it has a great "twirl factor" - and she was beside herself getting ready this morning.  She's been singing every holiday song (some that I don't even know), and Fridays with Mr. John, the music teacher, have been the highlights of her week.  Alexa's class was the first to sing their song - "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year."  Damon and I were very proud of our little girl; she was up there performing her heart out - - belting out the words, head bobbing, hand motions, etc...  I'm hoping the school will sell the videos, because it truly was a priceless performance that had Damon and I smiling and laughing.

On the way out of the performance, we saw what would have been Granty's Infant class sitting in the 4-child strollers.  We were happy to see the teachers who truly loved G (that was the planned name because there was a Graham in class) as if he had been one of their own.  I know Damon and I both got a little weepy - that seems to be our norm these days - as we saw one open seat in the stroller.  It was one of those wistful moments.....

Papa Hovey paid a visit to our little boy today, and I'm proud to say that he's decorated for the holidays too.  Cue additional weepy moments... :)

Ready for her big performance....
(Notice Granty the Elf in the background - -
he likes to do gymnastics and is usually hanging or swinging.)
Decorated for the holidays.




3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful little girl. Congratulations on breaking into entertainment. Papa Hovey thank you so much for decorating Granty's resting spot you did a great job. Our thoughts and prayers are with all of you. Love Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hold on to these happy memories. I'm glad Alexa can bring a smile to your faces. Merry Christmas to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a wonderful time of the year. I can picture Alexa in her adorable dress singing, and swaying to the music. (I'm sure you were teary-eyed watching her perform.) Alexa will continue to bring so many fun memories. And although the holidays are happy, they do remind us of the loved ones we miss so....I knew Papa Hovey would decorate Grantys resting place. (Grandma Jessie and Bruce Jr. also have a Christmas tree.) I would like to think that Grandma Jessie bought Granty a new Christmas outfit with a special ornament, just like she used to do for all of us. I'm sure Grandma Siroon made him a special giraffe. And of coarse Auntie Big Red gave him a singing/dancing Santa! I can picture our angel Granty cooing and singing with the other children angels. All of our loved ones are in our hearts and with us everyday, and more so at this time of year. I loved that your friends donated the giraffe coat rack....so may generous, caring people with so many creative ideas. We do have alot to be thank for.....We will miss the 3 of you at the Hovey house but know the Niehoffs will be spoiling you. We think of you everyday. Love, Auntie Gail

    ReplyDelete