As part of my unrelenting attempt to get Alexa to learn to swim, today she had an 8:30am swim lesson with a new coach - Coach Steven. She had her normal anxiety and tears, but Steven was pretty stern with her, a style that actually seemed to work for Alexa (fingers are crossed!). Jenny, BFF Gabriella's mom, had texted me this morning to let me know that Gabriella was going to be doing a make-up swim class at 9am. I did not tell Alexa about this, as I knew she wouldn't be able to focus on swimming if she knew her BFF was in the viewing area. When Alexa saw Gabriella, her reaction was truly priceless! The girls were so excited to see each other, and they were fervently waving to each other and blowing kisses across the pool. Spending eight hours, five days a week is not enough for these two!
These girls really do have a wonderful friendship. Based upon some of the stuff Alexa says to me and Gabriella mentions to Jenny, I know that Alexa has talked a lot to her BFF about the loss of Granty. Even though they're barely four years-old, it's pretty remarkable to see the depth of their friendship and the issues these girls have tackled together. However, it only takes a quick fight about sharing or a hair-pulling incident to remind me that these girls are only four (or almost four)... :) lol
As I was washing dishes tonight, Alexa was playing outside as Alstott was roaming the yard. When I looked out the back wall of windows on the house, I saw a very sweet moment, as Alstott and Alexa sat next to each other on the window ledge, simply staring at the sunset over the back ravine. A girl and her dog..... "Alstott" was Alexa's first word (confusing everyone at her Montessori school in New Jersey), so the friendship with these two should come as no surprise.
| Sharing the love with Alstott.... |
| Deep thoughts for a puggle and preschooler. |
My heavens, does it get any sweeter than these two pictures. Love Always, Joanne
ReplyDeleteOMG i love this. i have always loved Alstott Damon. :) pets can be such amazing friends..they seem to understand when no one else does. sooo cute. :)
ReplyDelete