Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Pseudo-Sisters

Tonight Damon and I took Alexa and her BFF (yes, they actually call each other that) Gabriella to a pizza dinner and ZooLights at the Phoenix Zoo.  The girls were so excited for their evening together - as if seven hours together at school each day isn't enough.  Somehow the girls even managed to convince one of their teachers that they were going home together; the plan was working until Gabriella's dad wised up to it at the afternoon carline when Alexa was waiting for him too.  Oye.  When we came to get Alexa about 45 minutes later, I could the dynamic duo must have been talking about their ZooLights plans with everyone because all the teachers seemed to know about their plans for the evening.

Alexa and Gabriella are absolutely hilarious together - - they act like and resemble each other enough to be mistaken for sisters.  Their conversations span from the most mundane (wiping in the potty) to pretty heavy topics (Alexa reminding Gabriella that Granty had died) in a matter of seconds, but it's a riot to listen to them talk because they use the exact same phrases and inflection in their voices.  I can only imagine what their teachers hear on a daily basis.....

The girls were well-behaved during the course of the evening, and the highlight of the date was a ride on the merry-go-round at the zoo.  The night was a good jolt for Damon and myself to start to get into the Christmas spirit.  Although the animal sightings were very limited, we did get some reminders of our Granty through a few giraffe displays :)

The BFF's - - waiting for dinner to arrive.

A talking giraffe.

A giraffe family in lights - - rather fitting.

5 comments:

  1. So cute! I like how they are so young but already trying to pull one over on their teachers. I can't wait to see what high school is like! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gabriella had so much fun! The girls are so funny together!! First thing out of her mouth this morning was is Alexa coming over today.I think they are gonna try & trick the teachers again today...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. No tricking today!! Ms. LeAnna knows better. But lots of talk about the talking giraffe. They are incredibly cute together BFF's all the way :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Connie,

    This story about Alexa and her buddy reminds me of the things that Gia, Nicole and I used to do as little girls...asking each other if we can stay the night at their house before even asking our parents. People also used to ask us if we were sisters...until Nicole and Gia grew and I stayed the same size. :)

    We're thinking about you guys all of the time.

    xoxo,
    Denyse

    ReplyDelete